Here are the awards Cascades has received over the past 11 years for their involvement, leadership and innovation.
300 Canada’s Best Employers 2020 according to Forbes
Cascades ranked among the 300 Canada’s Best Employers 2020 according to Forbes magazine.
Good Design Awards
The innovative design of Cascades Tandem dispensers has been awarded the Good Design Award. Presented annually by the Chicago Athenaeum Museum of Architecture and Design, the Good Design Awards recognize the most innovative and cutting-edge industrial designs produced around the world.
Cascades was named amongst the 100 Most Sustainable Corporations in the World according to Corporate Knights, ranking 49th. We are proud to be the only Containers and Packaging company to have made the list, and one of only 12 Canadian businesses.
Cercle des Grands entrepreneurs du Québec
Bernard, Laurent and Alain Lemaire have joined the Cercle des Grands entrepreneurs du Québec. It is through their leadership, perseverance, creativity and integrity that they have been honoured by many members of the business community, honorary members of the Circle and entrepreneurs.
This year, Cascades took 6th place among the Best 50 Corporate Citizens in Canada, according to Corporate Knights magazine, the best result ever in the organization's history. This result is attributable, among other criteria, to the percentage of business figures related to the sale of eco-responsible products and to the female representation on its board of directors.
Cascades was awarded the bronze Parity Certification by the Women in Governance organization. This certification recognizes Cascades’ policies and programs aimed at encouraging women’s professional growth and leadership.
Parity Certification serves to recognize Canadian organizations that are committed to increasing
the representation of women at the decision-making level.
Prix créateur d’emplois – Innovation and productivity
Cascades was awarded the prestigious Prix créateurs d’emplois for job creation in the innovation and productivity category for 2019. The company created more than 230 jobs this year.
In addition to meeting several eligibility conditions, the company must also be a model in product, process and marketing innovation, as well as organizational innovation.
The Cascades’ Electric Vehicle Access Program has been named a finalist in the prestigious MERCURIADES competition organized by the Fédération des chambres de commerce du Québec (Quebec’s Federation of Chambers of Commerce) in the Sustainable Development category.
The Reputation Institute has released the results of its ranking of Top 50 leaders in Canada. Cascades is ranked 4th for 2019.
Cascades won an award from Finance Montréal’s Finance and Sustainability Initiative (FM-FSI) for its 2018 Sustainable Development Report. This annual competition aims to promote excellence in sustainability reporting among Canadian public companies. Cascades was crowned winner in the Resource Transformation category.
Gaïa awards – Produce
Cascades won the award for produce in the fresh or refrigerated category, which recognizes food packaging excellence. The Gaïa awards recognize the originality, effectiveness and creativity of industry producers, manufacturers and processors for their graphic design and packaging efforts in marketing their products.
CN: EcoConnexions Partnership Program
For the second year in a row, Cascades has been selected as a partner of the EcoConnexions Partnership Program 2019 in light of its ongoing sustainable development efforts. An independent third party evaluated the companies in the running, on the basis of four selection criteria.
Corporate policies and sustainable development plan
Carbon efficiency and emissions reduction targets
This year, at the Wendy’s convention in Florida, Wendy’s recognized its Wendy’s First-Ever Squarely Sustainable Supplier of the Year Award nominees. Eligible suppliers had to exemplify a commitment to sustainability, the environment and responsible sourcing that go above and beyond. Wendy’s received a remarkable 143 submissions, and Cascades was in the top 10!
Food Processing Council of Quebec
Cascades has won the award in the packaging category for 2019 for its eco-designed packaging solution for fresh vegetables. The Prix innovation en alimentation recognizes the efforts of companies that have developed and/or launched an innovative project meeting a variety of criteria over the past year.
Baromètre de la consommation responsable
Cascades is proud to have been recognized as the most responsible brand and organization, as measured by the Baromètre de la consommation responsable, for the 9th year in a row. This ranking, entering its 10th year, is based on a survey of the Québec population carried out by the Observatoire de la consommation responsable (OCR).
Canada's Top 100 Corporate R&D Spenders
Cascades ranked 65th on the list of Canada’s Top 100 Corporate R&D Spenders, and 1st among companies in the forest and paper products industry.
Cascades won the jury’s choice award at the 2018 edition of Gala Envirolys, organized by the Conseil des entreprises en technologies environnementales du Québec (CETEQ), for its transportation electrification project benefiting employees.
The President and Chief Executive Officer of Cascades, Mario Plourde, was a recipient of the 2019 Clean50 and Clean16 awards. Each year, Delta Management Group's Clean50 awards program honours 50 individuals who have made outstanding contributions to sustainable development and clean capitalism in Canada over the prior two years, in 16 different categories. In addition to being one of 50 award recipients selected for their achievements, innovations and ability to inspire other Canadians, Mario Plourde also distinguished himself in the "Manufacturing and Transportation" category, earning the Clean16 award.
Great builders of the Quebec Economy Gala
The Institute for governance of private and public organizations (IGOPP) paid tribute to the Lemaire brothers at the 5th edition of the Great Builders of the Quebec Economy Gala. This evening’s purpose is to highlight the audacity, innovation and merit of local business builders.
Retail Council of Canada
At the Retail Council of Canada’s recent Store 2018 event, which Cascades Tissue Group attended, the Canadian Grand Prix New Product Awards winners were revealed. Cascades Fluff™ was among the 119 finalists vying for recognition as one of Canada’s best new grocery products, once again taking top honours in its category.
Tissue World Miami
Cascades PRO™ was recently acknowledged for its rebranding efforts at the Tissue World magazine Mill Awards during Tissue World Miami 2018 in March. Cascades PRO was honored as the 1st runner up in the Best Tissue Marketing Strategy category.
Balpex Supplier Summit
Cascades received the Platinum Supplier of the Year award for the second consecutive year in the Hygiene and Maintenance category at the Balpex Supplier Summit. This award is presented to a supplier that has achieved exceptional performance in its business sector.
Cascades’ leadership in the area of energy efficiency was honoured at Energy Summit 2018 by Natural Resources Canada. Thanks to Cascades’ good practices and continuous commitment to improving its energy efficiency, it garnered a Leadership Award from the Canada Industry Program for Energy Conservation (CIPEC) in the Integrated Energy Efficiency category.
Canada's Top 100 Corporate R&D Spenders
Cascades was ranked 53rd on the list of Canada’s Top 100 Corporate R&D Spenders, and 1st among companies in the forest and paper products industry.
Observatoire de la consommation responsable
For the 8th consecutive year, Cascades has been recognized as the most responsible organization and brand to Quebecers according to the 2018 Baromètre de la consommation responsable, a study released by the Observatoire de la consommation responsable (OCR) of UQAM's École des sciences de la gestion. This report presents major consumption trends while describing purchasing motivators and barriers.
Golden Jubilee Medal
Co-founder of Cascades Alain Lemaire was awarded a gold medal at the Lieutenant Governor’s Medal ceremony in Quebec. Mr. Lemaire was one of the few people to have been awarded such an honor.
Business Hall of Fame
Cascades co-founders Laurent and Alain Lemaire were inducted into the Chambre de commerce et d’industrie de Drummond’s business hall of fame during the organization’s annual cocktail reception, the Coquetel des Bâtisseurs. This distinction underscores the Lemaire brothers’ decades of professional and social involvement in the Drummondville region.
Canada's Top 100 Corporate R&D Spenders
Cascades was ranked 59th on the list of Canada’s Top 100 Corporate R&D Spenders, and 1st among companies in the forest and paper products industry.
Le Manufacturier gala
Cascades was honoured at the first edition of the Le Manufacturier gala presented by Les Manufacturiers de la Mauricie et du Centre-du-Québec (MMCQ). Thanks to its efforts to promote workplace safety, Cascades earned the association’s occupational health and safety award.
Cascades obtained the 36th position of the 2017 Best 50 Corporate Citizens in Canada ranking according to the Corporate Knights magazine.
Alain Lemaire received an honorary doctorate from Université Laval for his dedication and his human values that make Cascades a company recognized for its responsible business practices, its innovative products and environmentally friendly, its significant social contribution and its corporate culture that promotes respect, team work and creativity.
Gala Pulp and Paper International
Cascades received the Tissue – Innovation Award for its Cascades Fluff & Tuff™ brand at the 9th edition of the Pulp & Paper International Awards in Brussels. This annual international event is organized by RISI, the leading information provider for the pulp and paper industry. According to the organization, the Tissue – Innovation category was created to highlight some of the incredibly imaginative work carried out by tissue producers to keep an increasingly demanding consumer happy.
Network Services Company
Cascades PROMC received the 2017 Supplier Innovation Award given by the Network Services Company (NETWORK®) for its work done on the new brand image in the Marketing Innovation category.
Food Processing Council of Quebec
Cascades has received a Food Innovation Award from the Food Processing Council of Quebec (Conseil de la transformation alimentaire du Québec, or CTAQ), in the Packaging category, for its northbox® product, a new recyclable, insulated box.
Observatoire de la consommation responsable
For the 7th consecutive year, Cascades has been recognized as the most responsible organization and brand to Quebecers according to the 2017 Baromètre de la consommation responsable, a study released by the Observatoire de la consommation responsable (OCR) of UQAM's École des sciences de la gestion. This report presents major consumption trends while describing purchasing motivators and barriers.
Balpex Supplier Summit
Cascades Tissue Group received the Platinum Supplier of the Year award in the Cleaning and Hygiene category at the Balpex Supplier Summit. This award is presented to a supplier that has achieved exceptional performance in its business sector.
The CHUS Foundation awarded the prestigious Jean-Besré award to Alain Lemaire, co-founder of Cascades, for his boundless generosity and his great personal involvement with the Foundation over the past few years.
At the Agropur Dairy Cooperative’s most recent Gala of Excellence for its suppliers, Cascades received the Best Sustainable Development and Social Initiative Award. This prize was given to the supplier in recognition of exceptional performance for a project related to sustainable development and the environment. Cascades was recognized for the launching of its third sustainable development plan, for the 2016-2020 period. In addition, Cascades also received honourable mention for the Best Innovation Project. This honour highlighted the efforts deployed by Cascades to help Agropur develop products that are distinctive in a very competitive market.
At the United Way Awards Gala, Cascades received the Tribute Award to honour the extraordinary success of its 35th campaign. It was thanks to the United Way Ambassadors from the Kingsey Falls, Victoriaville and Drummondville units that Cascades was able to collect $525,000 during the campaign.
Topco has awarded Cascades Tissue Group the Supplier of the year award in the Grocery Non-Foods program for having not only successfully completed the transition program to the Simply Done brand, but also for adding 15 distribution centres over the past year.
Panthéon de la Performance
Cascades won a 2016 Panthéon de la Performance award in the retail and service sector (large, five million plus), for its engineering services.
SAP SuccessFactors gave Cascades the People Pioneer Award at the SuccessConnect 2016 event in Las Vegas. This award recognizes the corporation’s exceptional support for employee engagement.
Pulp and Paper International Award
Murray Hewitt, Plant Manager at the Greenpac Mill in Niagara Falls, has received the Mill Manager Award at the 2016 Pulp & Paper International Awards, organized by RISI. This prize is presented to an outstanding individual in the pulp and paper industry who has achieved the intricate balance of running a mill in a productive, efficient and effective way, while taking into account stringent environmental and safety factors.
Staples Business Advantage Canada chose Cascades Tissue Group as the "vendor of the year". The winner was chosen among several hundred vendor organizations in Canada and the USA. All of them were judged on many categories and Cascades did exceptionally well in each.
The Alain-Lemaire solar plant was a Mercuriades finalist, a contest initiated by the Fédération des chambres de commerce du Québec (Quebec federation of chambers of commerce), in the Sustainable Development – large company category.
The Fondation Hôtel-Dieu d’Arthabaska
The Fondation Hôtel-Dieu d’Arthabaska gave Cascades the 2015 Desjardins Grand philanthrope award for its exceptional contribution to making the foundation’s fundraising campaign a success.
Cascades Containerboard Packaging – Montréal wins both public’s choice and silver award in the Innovation category, Large Business for its lithographic plate lift at the Grands Prix santé et sécurité du travail awards gala organized by the Commission des normes, de l’équité, de la santé et de la sécurité du travail (CNESST).
Observatoire de la consommation responsable
For the 6th consecutive year, Cascades has been recognized as the most responsible organization and brand to Quebecers according to the 2016 Baromètre de la consommation responsable, a study released by the Observatoire de la consommation responsable (OCR) of UQAM's École des sciences de la gestion. This report presents major consumption trends while describing purchasing motivators and barriers.
Cascades ranked 39th among Canada’s Best 50 Corporate Citizens, a list published by Corporate Knights magazine.
Mother Parkers has named Cascades Containerboard Packaging – Lithotech division its 2016 Supplier of the Year, recognizing its outstanding customer service, flexibility and contributions to cost savings for the business last year.
Energy Summit 2016
At the Energy Summit 2016, the Excellence in Manufacturing Consortium in partnership with Natural Resources Canada presented Cascades with a Leadership Award as part of the Canadian Industrial Program for Energy Conservation (CIPEC), in the Business Management category. Natural Resources Canada also recognized the company’s good business practices and its commitment to supporting clean growth in the Canadian industry sector.
The Alain-Lemaire solar plant was a finalist in the Carbon Footprint category at the Novae Corporate Citizen Awards, which recognizes best practices in social responsibility and sustainable development in Québec.
Pulp and Paper Technical Association of Canada (PAPTAC)
Bernard, Laurent and Alain received the Pulp and Paper Industry Builders Award presented by the Pulp and Paper Technical Association of Canada (PAPTAC) as part of its 100th anniversary and Cascades’ 50th anniversary. The award recognizes the Company’s contribution to the paper industry, its leadership and the entrepreneurial spirit that has made Cascades a world leader in its sector.
Hommage aux grands bâtisseurs
Minister of Forests, Wildlife and Parks Laurent Lessard paid tribute to the Lemaire family at the Hommage aux grands bâtisseurs event, which acknowledges the contributions of the major families of the Québec forest industry.
Adapt Sell-A-Rama Gala
Cascades won the Supplier of the year Award, silver level, at the Adapt Sell-A-Rama Gala in Phoenix, Arizona.
Canadian Plastics Industry Association
2015 Cascades won the Sustainable development award presented by the Canadian Plastics Industry Association (CPIA) for its UltratillTM container.
Chevaliers of the Ordre national du Québec
Laurent and Alain Lemaire, co-founders of Cascades, were named Chevaliers of the Ordre national du Québec.
Sherbrooke's La Tribune
Bernard, Laurent and Alain Lemaire were recognized by the Mérite estrien program, organized by the Sherbrooke newspaper La Tribune.
The Cascades' Tandem®+ dispensing systems recently won the Sanitary Maintenance Distributor Choice Award, which recognizes the most innovative and useful sanitary supply products of the year. The voters were readers of Sanitary Maintenance Magazine.
Cascades was presented with Centraide Centre-du-Québec’s Everest award for its exceptional workplace campaign, for the support of its management and for the quality of its efforts.
UQAM awarded a honorary degree to Bernard, Laurent et Alain Lemaire, founders of Cascades. This recognition highlights their pioneering vision, their exceptional achievement and their entrepreneurial and environmental values.
Observatoire de la consommation responsable
For the 5th year in a row, Cascades has been deemed the most responsible company and brand by Quebecers. This is the result of the 2015 study made public by the Observatoire de la consommation responsable (OCR) of the École des sciences de la gestion de l’UQAM.
Association pour la santé publique du Québec
Cascades won the award for sustainable health from the Association pour la santé publique du Québec. This award is given to an individual or company in recognition for their outstanding contribution to social and economic development in Quebec in terms of sustainable health.
Cascades won the Projet vert ICI+ award for its Alain-Lemaire Solar Park. This recognition was given during the 6th edition of the Envirolys gala presented by the Conseil des entreprises en technologies environnementales du Québec (CETEQ).
Energy Manager Today
Cascades received the Project of the Year Award presented by the Energy Manager Today for its energy recovery steam generator project implemented at the Cascades Tissue Group – NY Inc. plant in Mechanicville.
During the Energy Meeting in Orlando, Florida, Cascades received the Energy Star recognition for its energy recovery steam generator project implemented at the Cascades Tissue Group – NY Inc. plant in Mechanicville.
During its 2015 workplace health and safety awards, Cascades Containerboard Packaging – Montréal, a division of Cascades, has been rewarded under the large company category. This event recognizes organizations and employees who have implemented workplace accident and occupational illness prevention initiatives.
British Columbia Francophonie Day
Cascades was the recipient of the British Columbia Francophonie Day award. This honour recognizes Cascades’ presence and contributions in the province as a Francophone company.
According to Ipsos-Infopresse Index, Cascades ranks 5th among the most influential brands in the consumer goods sector.
- The Consumer Products packaging Group won the “Sustainable development" award at the Supplier Supplier summit of HAVI Global Solutions. This Awards recognizes the integration of sustainable development into business practices and corporate culture.
- For the 4th year in a row, Cascades has been deemed the most responsible company and brand by Quebecers. The results of the study, which surveyed more than 1 100 consumers, were made public by the Observatoire de la consommation responsable (OCR) of the École des sciences de la gestion de l’UQAM.
- The Lemaire brothers won the Innovation Personality Award at the 24th Annual Innovation Awards gala held by ADRIQ. This tribute is awarded to one or more people who symbolize excellence in research and innovation.
- Cascades and the Lemaire brothers were inducted into the Food Hall of Fame at the annual conference held by the Association des détaillants en alimentation du Québec (A.D.A.).
- Cascades won the Innovation and Environmental Protection award, presented by Envirolys, for its Respak packaging solution. The award recognizes entrepreneurship and innovation in businesses active in the environmental services industry.
- Cascades received a 2014 Green Supply Chain Award in recognition of its responsible procurement practices.
- Cascades won a Nature Inspiration Award, Corporate category, presented by the Canadian Museum of Nature. The award recognizes people and organizations for their leadership, innovation and creativity in helping Canadians connect with nature.
- The Lemaire brothers were honoured at the 2014 Desjardins Entrepreneur Awards ceremony with a tribute “Grand Bâtisseur” award, which recognizes their outstanding business achievements as Québec entrepreneurs.
- The Polystyrene food tray Cascades EVOK®, made with 25% recycled content, was selected by the Canadian Plastics Industry Association as a recipient of the CPIA Sustainability Award. The award supports the leadership and efforts undertaken, so to, offer green products.
- Cascades ranked 30th among Canada's Best 50 Corporate Citizens, a list published by Corporate Knights magazine.
- Cascades and the UQTR earned top honours, winning the Celebrate Partnerships award presented by the Association pour le développement de la recherche et de l’innovation du Québec (ADRIQ). ADRIQ's Celebrating Partnerships event aims to recognize successful technological collaborations between Québec researchers and businesses.
- Cascades has received Walmart Canada's Vendor Sustainability Award , which recognizes a company's sustainability program and efforts in helping Walmart achieve its sustainability goals
- Cascades Boxboard Group – Jonquière and Cascades Transport Inc. were both awarded prizes at the 24th Energia Awards ceremony. The Bureau de l’efficacité et de l’innovation énergétiques (BEIE) presented the prestigious award to the Jonquière plant for optimizing the performance of its biomass boiler, while Cascades Transport Inc. was recognized in the Transportation category for its energy policy.
- Cascades has been awarded "Environmental Strategy of the Year" by Pulp & Paper International at the 2013 PPI Awards in Dubai. In addition, the Cascades Moka® product line won the company a second award for "Innovative Product of the Year." The internationally-renowned PPI Awards are the only global awards dedicated to recognizing the achievements of companies, mills, and individuals in the pulp and paper sector.
- For the 3rd year in a row, Cascades has been deemed the most responsible company and brand by Quebecers. The results of the study, which surveyed more than 1 100 consumers, were made public yesterday by the Observatoire de la consommation responsable (OCR) of the École des sciences de la gestion de l’UQAM.
- Cascades has been once again rewarded at the Canadian Printing Awards with two Gold Awards, the first for Most Environmentally Progressive Vendor and the second for Most Environmentally Progressive Printing Technology for its new Cascades Enviro Jet paper.
- Laurent and Alain Lemaire have been invested into the Order of Canada. With their appointment as Officers, they join ranks with their older brother Bernard Lemaire, who was appointed to the Order in 1988.
- Suzanne Blanchet, president and CEO of Cascades Tissue Group, wins a Gold Stevie® Award for the “Female Executive of the Year in Canada” category in the 10th annual Stevie Awards for Women in Business.
- Norampac receives three prizes at the Gaïa Awards for its new single-piece fruit basket with retractable handle in the “Aliments du Québec” and the “Vers l'écoconception” special prize categories, and the Gold Award in the Fruits and Vegetables (fresh, frozen) category. Since 2008, the Gaïa Awards contest has been celebrating the best achievements in food packaging in Québec.
- Bernard, Laurent and Alain Lemaire receive the 2013 Entrepreneur Of The Year Québec Lifetime Achievement Award in recognition of their significant contributions to the Québec economy.
- Cascades Transport has won the Air pur 2013 award. The award, which was presented at the 22nd conference held by the Association des mandataires en vérification mécanique du Québec (ASMAVERMEQ), honours companies with the cleanest fleets from an environmental standpoint, based on the quality of their maintenance practices.
- Cascades’s ThermaFreshTM box has won the Phénix environmental award in the Company – Eco-design category for containers, packaging or printed matter.
- Cascades Moka Bathroom Tissue Wins Bronze Stevie Award in 2013 International Business Awards.
- Suzanne Blanchet, Cascades Tissue Group's President and Chief Executive Officer has won the Star Woman in Grocery 2013 award, presented by Canadian Grocer magazine. The panel of judges shortlisted Suzanne for her excellence, leadership, innovation and dedication to the industry.
- Alain Lemaire was named “Greenest CEO in Canada” at the 12th annual gala held by the Corporate Knights, an organization specialized in the promotion of good corporate practices in terms of social responsibility.
- Cascades ranked 12th among Canada's Best 50 Corporate Citizens, a list published by Corporate Knights magazine.
- Alain Lemaire receives the Prix d’excellence pâtes et papiers presented by the Quebec Forestry Industry Council (QFIC).
- Cascades® Antibacterial paper towel received Gold honours in the Edison Awards Consumer Packaged Goods, Cleaning Solutions category. The award, named after Thomas Edison, is granted by an international judging panel of more than 3,000 business executives, academics and leaders in the fields of product development, design, engineering, science and medicine.
- The Lemaire Brothers were honoured at the 2013 Green CEO Awards. Les Affaires and Trebora Conseil awarded its Green CEO Hommage award to Cascades founders Bernard, Laurent and Alain Lemaire.
- Cascades wins award for its excellence in corporate governance in annual Phares competition, organized by Korn/Ferry and Les Affaires (Large Company category).
- Quebecers believe that Cascades is the most responsible company and brand according to the latest Baromètre de la consommation responsable.
- Cascades is the proud recipient of a 2012 Green Supply Chain Award for making sustainability a core part of its supply chain strategy.
- Cascades garnered a coveted Pulp & Paper International (PPI) Award in the category of Innovative Product of the Year (Graphic Papers), with its new CheckSecur Platinum Enviro™.
- Carl Blanchet, Corporate Director, Business Development, is the recipient of both Clean50 and Clean16 awards in the ''Manufacturing & Transportation'' category. These honours reflect Cascades' leadership in sustainable development.
- Maclean's magazine placed Cascades among Canada's Top 50 Socially Responsible Companies.
- According to Randstad, Cascades was considered to be one of the most attractive employers in Canada.
- Cascades ranked 15th among Canada's Best 50 Corporate Citizens, a list published by Corporate Knights magazine.
- Cascades' performance was rewarded in three categories of the Mercuriades competition: "Investissement Québec Innovation", "Sustainable Development" and "Business of the Year".
- Alain Lemaire, President and Chief Executive Officer, won the PDG VERT 2012 (2012 GREEN CEO) in the Corporation category as part of the competition organized by the Groupe Les Affaires and Trebora Conseil.
- As part of the soirée Énergia, organized by the AQME (Association québécoise pour la maîtrise de l'énergie), Cascades GIE inc. received an honourable mention in the category of Integrated Management under the heading of "How can one attain sustainability in energy management at Cascades".
- Cascades' 2010-2012 Sustainable Development Plan, prepared with the graphic and strategic design firm Paprika, won the Grand Prix Grafika in the Annual Report category.
- IR Magazine recognized Cascades, which won the Grand Prix for best investor relations (Small-Cap Companies category).
- At the Biennial Energy Conference, the most important conference on energy efficiency in the Canadian industry, Cascades GIE Inc. (Energy Action Group) won a Canadian Industry Program for Energy Conservation (CIPEC) Leadership Award in the "Integrated Energy Efficiency Strategy" category.
- According to the latest responsible consumption poll, Quebecers believe that Cascades is the most responsible company.
- Cascades is the proud recipient of the Excellence in Corporate Responsibility award. The award was presented to Cascades' online boutique, which offers innovative and environmentally-friendly products.
Cascades won the Corporate Social Responsibility award for exemplary practices in terms of social responsibility.
Cascades was the winner of the Greening of the Supply Chain Award, a prestigious CATIE Award contest, organized by the Canadian Association of Importers and Exporters.
Cascades was proud to have been selected as the 7th best corporate citizen in Canada by Corporate Knights magazine.
- Cascades received the Korn/Ferry Les Affaires Award at the 9th edition of the Beacon Awards for Excellence. As part of the Corporate Category, the prize recognizes excellence in corporate governance and in particular the best compensation programs.
- Cascades was named one of the 50 most socially responsible companies in Canada on the 2010 list released by Jantzi Research and Maclean's magazine.
- Cascades ranked 47th among Canada's Best 50 Corporate Citizens, a list published by Corporate Knights magazine.
- Cascades ranked 11th among the 150 companies most admired by Quebecers in a list compiled jointly by Léger Marketing and Les Affaires magazine. This exceptional feat represents a 9-place advance over the Corporation's previous ranking!
- Cascades received the Grand Prix for best overall investor relations, in the mid-cap and forest products categories, given by the IR Magazine Canada Awards.
- Cascades received the Grand Prix Bilan social (social responsibility award) for its overall approach to sustainable development, at the Prix québécois de l'entreprise citoyenne (Québec corporate citizen awards). The competition was organized by Korn/Ferry International, public relations firm National and L'Actualité magazine.
- According to Maclean's magazine and the Jantzi Research 2009 list, Cascades was among the 50 most socially responsible companies in Canada.
- Cascades ranked 15th among Canada's Best 50 Corporate Citizens 2009, a list published by Corporate Knights magazine.
- Cascades ranked 20th among the 150 companies most admired by Quebecers in a list compiled jointly by Léger Marketing and Commerce magazine.
- Cascades ranked 16th among Canada's Best 50 Corporate Citizens 2008, a list published by Corporate Knights magazine.