Diploma of Vocational Studies (DVS) in trucking
On January 22, 2019, Cascades will welcome its first group of students enrolled in the trucking DVS to our Kingsey Falls offices. This course guarantees a job as a long-haul trucker (United States) at Cascades once the DVS has been successfully completed.
What is the DVS in trucking? (courses offered in French only)
The DVS is a 20-week program, including:
- 7 weeks of theoretical instruction on the standards and laws in place.
- 5 weeks of practice with instructors
- 8 weeks alternating between practicums and practice with instructors
This format allows students to be as well prepared as possible when starting to work.
Cascades Transport in brief:
- 400 employees
- 160 trucks
- 750 trailers
- 4 terminals: Kingsey Falls, Drummondville, Montréal and Cabano
Cascades Transport is a world-class company offering its employees competitive salaries and benefits:
- Group insurance
- Profit sharing
- Stock purchase plan
- 3 to 7 weeks of vacation
And much more!
- Have a secondary school diploma (SSD) or have completed Secondary IV French, English and math, or have passed the GDT (general development test) or the secondary school equivalency test (SSET).
- Hold a class 5 driver’s licence.
- Have a driving record with no more than three demerit points and with no suspensions within the two years prior to the application.
Write to us at email@example.com or contact us by phone at 819-363-5800.