We collaborate on your quality management and product innovation projects.
The Largest Pulp and Paper Private Research Center in North America
Founded in 1985, our research centre provides services around the world, with a team of 75 dynamic and multidisciplinary specialists. With our one-of-a-kind approach, we can develop innovative, operational solutions tailor-made to meet a variety of needs.
A Distinctive, Personalized Approach
As the technical hub serving more than 90 Cascades plants, we are structured to meet various needs. We are constantly adjusting our methods to reach the end goal as directly as possible. And if a method doesn’t exist, we invent one!
An Image Is Worth a Thousand Words
From basic optical microscopy in the beginning, this service has evolved over the years into a major arsenal of materials imaging equipment.
Our specialists' approach quickly leads to an understanding of materials and their structure (problems, comparisons, competitive analysis, reverse engineering), and it is often the starting point for many a project.
This service stands out for its speed and quality (usually just a few days!).
Key Areas of Expertise
Pulp and Paper
Process Chemistry & Analysis
Physics of Materials
Our Area of Activity
Materials and Chemicals
Our team of chemists has the expertise, equipment and, above all, the enthusiasm to develop materials featuring the desired properties and that are tailored to clients’ growing needs. We also excel at developing customized analytical chemistry methods in response to your most stringent needs, be it in a solid, liquid or gaseous matrix.
Our team of specialists offers the following services:
- Troubleshooting, process and product characterization
- Quality and customer complaints
- Product development and Innovation
- Development of analysis methods
- Laboratory equipment calibration services
- Plant worker training and support
- Assistance in acquiring the scientific research and experimental development tax credit (SR&ED)
Broad Range of Tests Performed
- Chemical Analyses
- Wet End Chemistry
- Process Waters
- Surface Treatment and Extrusion
- Pulp Properties
- Material Imaging (optical, electron, three-dimensional and infrared microscopy)
- Optical Properties of Paper and Containerboard
- Physical Properties of Containerboard
- Physical Properties of Boxes
- Physical Properties of Boxes and Corrugated Board
- Tissue Paper Properties
- Testing on Plastics, Polymers and Other
- Converting Adhesive Tests (tissue paper, containerboard)
- Recycling and De-inking
- Food Contact and Certification
Packaging Adapted to the New Reality
Packaging designed for use in an e-commerce context has a vastly different set of constraints than that designed for use in the traditional context of delivery on pallets. Our team of packaging experts understands this new reality and has the knowledge and equipment to help you meet your e-commerce packaging needs.
Methods and Associations
Do not hesitate to contact us for more information about our services.